Samples of my work in literary analysis and dramatic criticism.
Essays published in peer-reviewed scholarly journals:
The Oak Leaf | Volume 3 – Issue 1Download
Published in The Oak Leaf, a peer-reviewed, open-source, multidisciplinary student research journal.
Other assorted writings on Shakespeare, American Literature, British Literature, World Literature, and Dramatic Literature:
- The Elusive Desire for Progress and The American Dream in A Raisin in the Sun
- Darker Purposes & Rarer Actions: From Tyranny to Empathy in Shakespeare
(An essay on King Lear, As You Like It, and The Tempest)
- Exploitation of Ancient Comedy Tropes in Lysistrata and in Modern Media
- Reasons of the Heart: Ethically Motivated Writing in Tabucchi, Tolstoy, and Joyce
(An essay on Pereira Maintains, The Death of Ivan Ilyich, and Dubliners)
- “Now See if You Can Understand That!”: Miscommunication in Fences and Anna Christie
(An essay on August Wilson & Eugene O’Neill)
- From Exultation to Ambivalence: The Diminishing Perspective of Faith in the Inherent Goodness of Man
(An essay on Wordsworth, Browning, and Barrington)
Marketing & Graphic Design
Social media marketing mock-ups and graphic design examples.